Kitchen Fire Extinguished Quickly

At 12:30 this afternoon, Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue received a call of a residential kitchen fire in the 500 block of Peter Hagen Road NW, Bremerton.

While en route crews learned that the home’s occupants had evacuated, but a neighbor had gone back inside in an attempt to extinguish the fire.

Upon arrival light smoke was showing and all occupants, including the neighbor, were out.

The fire had started on the stove with extension to the ceiling and was making its way out of one of the vents on the front of the house. Firefighters were able to extinguish it quickly and checked for hot spots.

The fire damage was contained to the kitchen, but there is smoke damage throughout the home.

Crews from the Bremerton Fire Department also responded.

Fire and smoke spread so quickly that when your smoke alarms sound, get out immediately and call 9-1-1 from OUTSIDE. NEVER re-enter a burning building.

CKFR’s DuckTales

On the afternoon of April 30, 2018, Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue Station 45 “B” shift responded to a service call. A resident called 911 stating baby ducks had fallen into a storm drain next to her home in the 3800 block of NE Ambleside Lane in Bremerton.

Lieutenant Bill Green and Apparatus Operator Marcus Oliver identified the storm drain the ducklings were in with some help from Mother Duck who was standing by. The crew borrowed a fishing net from a neighbor and removed the drain grate. Lt. Green and A/O Oliver then removed 14 ducklings and released them back into the pond reuniting them with their mother!