Please review the following information to determine eligibility, qualifications, training, and expected participation for each of our volunteer programs.
The following volunteer memberships programs are currently available:
The basic eligibility requirement for all Central Kitsap Fire & Rescue volunteers is:
- Live within 5 miles of a qualifying volunteer station
- Minimum age of 18 years and a high school diploma or GED.
- Must possess a Washington State driver’s license. (military exemption available)
- Able to attend initial training (usually 16 weeks for both EMT and Basic Firefighting.
- Willing to maintain training standards and respond to incidents as available
- Drill occurs most Wednesday evenings (75% attendance is required to maintain good standing)
Prospective volunteers are required to attend an orientation session to learn more about the District and program.
NOTE: At this time, CKFR will not be accepting new applicants into the volunteer program. If you’d like to submit an interest form to keep on file, you may do so here. When we begin to accept new applicants, we will contact you directly, should you meet the basic qualifications of the program.
If you indicate interest in applying to be a Volunteer Firefighter/EMT, we will ask your permission to conduct a preliminary background check. This will include review of federal and state records for any criminal activity, as well as reviewing your driving history for all states in which you have held a license.
If the volunteer program is a good fit, prospective candidates are interviewed and forwarded onto a 4 week introduction process. They will be provided membership applications at that time. Volunteer applicants must pass a medical exam, physical test, drug screen, and criminal background check.
Volunteers serve our department, and the community, without expectation of compensation, however, participation in some activities (but not all) is given a point value and the volunteer member may be reimbursed for their expenses. The nominal stipend rates vary for each activity.
Take the time to read through the program descriptions to determine the best program for you.
If you have any additional questions please contact our Volunteer Program Manager