PUTTING THE DONATIONS TO WORK
Over the past couple of years the Foundation has purchased and presented to the CKFR District a number of much needed items such as:
- Five Video Laryngoscopes – Technologically advanced equipment used by EMT’s to open an airway of any individual in need of assistance and management of their breathing. This device allows the EMT to see the anatomy of the patient via specialized fiber optic visualization equipment, allowing for the accurate passing of a breathing tube into the lungs without causing trauma to the vocal cords and soft tissue of the throat.
- An Intubation Head – A anatomically correct dummy head that is used for training purposes for correct intubation of patients. This head was specifically designed so that the Video Laryngoscopes use is more effective when it is needed in the field.
- Five Ventilators – A Technologically advanced piece of equipment that is designed to mechanically move air in and out of a patient’s lungs that are unable to do so, or that are not breathing sufficiently enough on their own.
- CO Oximeter – A device that measures carbon monoxide levels in both fire and EMS personnel and potential victims of CO (carbon monoxide) poisoning.
- Stethoscopes – A state of the art stethoscope for each paramedic of the district, a tradition that has been going on since the mid 1990’s.
- CPR Supplies – To maintain state of the art equipment.
- CPAP Generators – For treatment of specific respiratory emergencies.
- Four Reciprocating Rescue Saws – Needed to compliment the equipment on outlying fire engines for early access to trapped & injured persons involved in motor vehicle accidents.
- Five Stair Chairs – Devices used by EMTs and Paramedics to safely carry patients down stairs or move them out of tight places where a standard gurney will not fit.
We have established a Recognition Plaque to honor and show appreciation for Central Kitsap Medic One Foundation Donors. The first donor to be recognized is a group, namely the CKFR Employee Community that donates to the Foundation through monthly payroll deductions. Our sincerest gratitude goes out to this group for its most generous support. Recognition has also been provided to Rick Harrington and his family as well as the West Family.
- The 2013 recipient was the Puget Sound Energy Foundation
- The 2012 recipient was the Silverdale Chamber of Commerce.
We thank everyone for the support!
The plaque is located in the lobby of the Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue Administration Building.
FOUNDATION BOARD MEMBERS
The Medic One Foundation is chaired by retired Fire Chief Dick West. Other board members include former Fire Commissioner Ted Anderson, emergency physician Mark Eisenberg, M.D., local residents Sandy Stewart, Kim Peterson, Virginia Kasper, Nancy Stebor, Roni Hamrick and Carrie Murphy.
HOW TO CONTACT US
To inquire about any of the activities of the foundation please contact us through CFKR’s main desk at 360-447-3550 or email: email@example.com.