The purpose of the Medic One Foundation, founded in 1996, is to provide supplemental funding for emergency medical services that are performed by Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue (CKFR).
For a copy of our Strategic Plan click here.
Although property taxes are Central Kitsap Fire & Rescue’s primary funding source, often times the budget cannot cover the additional expense of acquiring special equipment that our Paramedics need. This is where the Central Kitsap Medic One Foundation comes in. Annually, the Foundation considers needs from a “Wish List” provided by Central Kitsap Fire & Rescue. The foundation board selects the unfunded items to be sponsored then raises funds to acquire the items. Purchases are paid for through donations received from both individuals and businesses. We also receive funding from additional sources such as the generous monthly contributions contributed through CKFR payroll deductions as well as from bequests and other gifts.
We have received gracious support in the form of grants from the following organizations:
- Key Bank Foundation
- Kitsap Bank
- Lucky Seven Foundation
- MDU Resources
- Port Madison Enterprises
- Puget Sound Energy Foundation
- Rotary Club of East Bremerton
- Rotary Club of Silverdale
- Suquamish Tribe
- The Norcliffe Foundation
In addition, donations have been received from the following community organizations and clubs:
- Silverdale Chamber of Commerce
- Glass Odyssey Corvette Club
We also have partnered with the following businesses that support our Foundation with a portion of the proceeds from your purchases:
- GW Travel and Cruise – mention Central Kitsap Medic One Foundation when booking your vacation
- AmazonSmile – choose Central Kitsap Medic One Foundation
- Fred Meyer (Kroger) Community Rewards – choose Central Kitsap Medic One Foundation (ID # TP426)
WHO MAKES UP THE BOARD?
- Community Leaders
- Professionals in the fields of Medicine and Finance
- Experts in CKFR functions
- Community Volunteers
These board members are not paid, but rather donate their time and efforts. We have very low overhead costs and meeting space is provided by CKFR.