“Kitchen Fire Extinguished Quickly”

At 12:30 this afternoon, Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue received a call of a residential kitchen fire in the 500 block of Peter Hagen Road NW, Bremerton.

While en route crews learned that the home’s occupants had evacuated, but a neighbor had gone back inside in an attempt to extinguish the fire.

Upon arrival light smoke was showing and all occupants, including the neighbor, were out.

The fire had started on the stove with extension to the ceiling and was making its way out of one of the vents on the front of the house. Firefighters were able to extinguish it quickly and checked for hot spots.

The fire damage was contained to the kitchen, but there is smoke damage throughout the home.

Crews from the Bremerton Fire Department also responded.

GET OUT AND STAY OUT!
Fire and smoke spread so quickly that when your smoke alarms sound, get out immediately and call 9-1-1 from OUTSIDE. NEVER re-enter a burning building.