Improperly Disposed Fireworks Start Fire

Just before 1:00 am this morning, CKFR crews were dispatched to a residential structure fire in the 7300 block of Morning View Avenue NE.
New Year’s Eve fireworks had been swept up and put into garbage can placed against the house.
The can caught fire and ignited the side of the structure. It was extinguished by the homeowner and responding units.
There were no injuries and the fire damage was contained to the exterior of the home.
Bremerton Fire Department provided mutual aid.