Chimney Fire

At 8:30 pm on November 8th, CKFR was called for a chimney fire in a single story home located in the 900 block of NE McWilliams Road, Bremerton. The caller advised that she was the sole occupant and had been sitting in her living room when dark smoke began coming from the chimney pipe of her wood stove. Firefighters extinguished the fire in the stove and then ensured there was no extension to the attic. The chimney cap was packed with soot. It was confirmed the fire was contained to the stove and chimney. Firefighters made sure that the occupant had alternate means of heat, which she did. She was advised to not use the chimney again until it was properly cleaned.

• CKFR would like to remind everyone to maintain heating equipment and chimneys by having them cleaned and inspected each year.