CENTRAL KITSAP FIRE AND RESCUE
Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue (CKFR) is seeking a well-qualified and motivated candidate to be appointed by the Board of Commissioners (BOC) to a temporary position as Fire Commissioner, serving from approximately April 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017. A general election is scheduled for this position in November 2017 that will determine who serves for the rest of this position’s term, beginning January 2018 and serving for two (2) additional years. Fire Department experience is not necessary for this position.
Requirements for Appointment:
- Experience in a public or private agency that includes oversight of organizational budgets, development of policies and strategic plans, and understanding of service delivery from the perspective of medical care and/or disaster response.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, to include review of complicated documents and accurate representation of community interests/priorities.
- Documented involvement with the community served by CKFR that demonstrates understanding of how to accurately represent community interests and priorities to the District over both the short and long term.
- Must be at least age 18.
- Must be a registered voter and reside within the boundaries of CKFR.
- Must adhere to CKFR core values of Integrity, Duty, Loyalty, and Respect.
The person selected for this position may expect to make the following minimum time commitments:
- Two (2) BOC meetings per month, the second (2nd) and fourth (4th) from 4-6 p.m. on Monday evenings.
- Meetings with the Fire Chief once/twice per month for one (1) hour.
- Kitsap County Association and special committee meetings, time TBA.
Submit a resume and answers to the following questions (no more than 1 page each) by close of business, 4:30 p.m., February 28, 2017:
1. What motivates you to seek this position?
2. How will your background/experience enable you to best serve the citizens of CKFR as a member of the BOC?
This information should be addressed to:
Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue
5300 Newberry Road
Silverdale, WA, 98383
ATT: Eileen A. McSherry
Qualified candidates will be notified and then interviewed by the BOC on March 21, 2017.